Born and bred in Adelaide, DJ Smiley (aka Andrew Peters) has been spinning tunes at clubs and pubs, parties and functions, festivals and events for the last 20 years. Always a fan of funky dancefloor tracks, his sets span the last five decades and take in everything from beats, funk, soul, hip hop and house to indie, rock and pop. Performing as both a ‘party DJ’ playing the hits people want, and a ‘credible DJ’ dropping cool stuff to educated ears, has given Smiley a broad insight into what moves a crowd.
Book Smiley to play a PARTY set, and you’ll get a great mix of up-to-date Top 40, dance, R&B tracks and radio hits, along with plenty of retro favourites spanning the 60s-00s.
Or if you’re after something unique and cool, Smiley will spin a FUNKY set that draws from his extensive experience playing the venues of Adelaide. Expect a smooth and groovy blend of new and old school funk, disco and soul mixed with fresh uptempo beats, cool hip hop jams and slick house rhythms,
Andrew takes pride in offering a professional and courteous service that includes: emailed quotes, sample songlists, pre-event meeting, specific music tailoring to your taste, and all equipment (including sound, lighting, CD players, mixer & microphone).
Contact: Andrew Peters Ph. 0438 526 517. Email [email protected] Page – click here
- Hains & Co – 2 gigs per month since Sept 2015
- Wakefield Hotel – 2 Fridays per month since March 2014
- Hotel Wright St – Monthly Friday & Saturday nights since March 2012
- Fortnightly Sunday afternoons at Maximilians Vineyard, Verdun since Feb 2014
- Adelaide Festival – Lola’s Pergola 2014
- Fringe Club 2013,2014
- Parklife 2010
- Adelaide Festival – Persian Garden Opening Night 2008
- Shores on New Years Day – 2003,2004,2005
- Kumfy Klub at The Shores – Closing Set 2005,2006
- Spiegel Tent / Fringe Club – 2002
- Dawn Festival NYE 2000, 2001
- Vibes On A Summers Day 1999, 2001
Past Residencies & Guest Spots
- Residencies at The Union Hotel, Rob Roy Hotel, Lion Hotel, Crown & Sceptre Hotel, Kumfy Klub, Savvy Bar, Tapas Café, Cumberland Hotel, Crown and Anchor Hotel, The Oxford Hotel, St Pauls, London Tavern
- Guest Spots at Kings Head Hotel, Franklin Hotel, Richmond Hotel, The Tivoli, Botanic Bar, Tapas, Cargo Club, Mojo West
Functions & Events
- Began mobile DJ work at various parties, university functions and conferences in Oct 94. Has continued to do private parties and functions to this day.
Other Related Work
- Columnist/Reviewer – Onion/Rip It Up Magazine 1996-2010
- Event Manager / Promoter – Kumfy Klub 1998 – 2010